Monday, February 11, 2008

Why greeting cards are about the message:

In an article I did years ago when asked about greeting cards, I said that “Greeting Cards are the written expression of the social consciousness of the consumer”. We buy them to send a message, a message that we want to say, but don’t know how. Sometimes we just can’t find the words, or perhaps we want the words to be printed so as to validate our reason for sending them.

The image is there to support the words and indeed, it usually requires both to be a good card (though there are a number of companies in the industry that have been successful with only words).

In a future entry, I’ll write more about how to go about this.

Good luck!

For more information on me, please visit my website at www.managementbyintention.com

No comments: