Monday, February 11, 2008

How to start a greeting card company

Ah…the beauty of new frontiers, of taking control of your own destiny, the thrill when others ‘buy’ and therefore support our belief in our own creativity. And of course, the financial freedom that comes with earning a living with our creativity.

To anyone who dreams of starting their own greeting card company, I applaud you and hope with all my heart that if you take the plunge that you do it committed to succeed. For above all else, you will need to be committed to the process. Yes, it can be fun and there will be times when you will absolutely know you made the right decision…that is if you do it right.

As a former executive of some of the best alternative (small privately owned) greeting card companies in the U.S. and founder of my own successful card company, I will try to share with you here a bit about how you can start your own company and have it be successful.

There are hundreds of new greeting card companies that start each year and 1000’s that are in business today, but few will ever make it. My goal here is to at least make you aware of some of the biggest pitfalls of the industry in hopes that with this knowledge you will be better prepared should you take the plunge.

In the posts to come, I’ll cover some general ‘how-to’ subjects and of course am more than happy to answer any questions you might have.


For more information on me, please visit my website at www.managementbyintention.com

No comments: